Wednesday, June 24, 2015

CaMels Thoughts on finding love!





I had the privilege of being the  Maid of Honor for a close friend  this past weekend. 
I have been in one wedding and it was my mothers. No question this time it was going to be much different and I would have to try to live up to some of the traditions that help make it more fun.

I knew it was normal for the MoH to do a speech at the reception.  I had been informed I didn't need to worry about that so I was very non committal about the entire thing. 

I have not known Debbie and Richard long enough that I have stories of our growing up. We all used to spend a lot of time together so I know some very interesting things about them yet none of those relevant to this situation or audience.
The evening of the rehearsal I got to spend some time with both of them and some of their family members. Everyone was in such awesome spirits and working together to prepare for the next days ceremony. 
I came home with the plan on putting together a toast of sorts for the next day. I wanted to make it short and sweet but after the words started I had difficulty stopping them.
The result was a collection on things I feel important in creating a great foundation to being a lovable/loving huMan.
I stood before my friends and shared my thoughts. They flowed from my face with ease along with some questionable language. Their message traveling on the winds of laughter.. 
Once finished and seated I felt a warmth in my belly. That fuzzy. fun feeling you get when you know your heart grew a little bigger that day!
I think we are so very lucky to be able to find a person to share our everything with. 
Life is to outstanding to do alone.
Congrats Debbie and Richard..
May your lives together be glorious!

Camel’s thoughts on finding love.
·         
We have to love ourselves for only then will we truly feel love
·         
We have to be ourselves and continue to do so not matter what. If not we will not attract that person that loves who we truly are.
·         
We need to work really hard to leave our past in our past. Keeping our minds clear and our hearts open.
·         
We have to be honest with ourselves about the differences between wants and needs, fantasy and reality.
·         
We must continuously hone our imagination where our sense of adventure lives.
·         
We should always welcome a chance to embark on a new mission even if it scares us or we may fail.
·         
We have to laugh. Often and loudly. At ourselves, with others and at life!!
·         
We have to remember that we are all equal, Yet so very different.
·         
We have to be kind, to everyone, everything, always. Not the easiest thing to do but the rewards are so worth the personal effort!
·         
We have to learn to breath, without that simple action we are not alive. You see the problem this presents when it comes to attraction and love!!
·         
We have to realize that everything has purpose, lessons to help you as you live your life. Pay attention, growth comes from learning, repetition can be time consuming.  We don’t have a lot of that!
·         
Today’s purpose was to allow us to share in the magic of love. Allowing us to experience the joy when two people commit to each other. Pride as we witness this act of devotion and elation as we all celebrate together.
·         
My wish is that through the years your love for each other will deepen and grow. That years from now you will look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least.
·         
Let us all raise our glass to Debbie and Richard
Thank you for bringing us all together to share this adventure with you.
May life bring you years of fun missions that see you running around in capes and butterfly wings!!







1 comment:

  1. What great words Camel! I'm sure they were very grateful to have such awesome huMps standing at their side. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete