Monday, January 8, 2018

We reap what we sew!! My Monday morning head shake!!

Today I woke to a message from a past client asking if I would be available to tattoo her later this week. 

I would normally have been thrilled to get another opportunity to add to someones canvas.

 Sadly this was not one of those times. 

See, this woman had spent a bit of time in my studio a few different times.. once there was a situation with her Son who had come to get a matching tattoo with his mom.  We were having a very interesting discussion where I was explaining the need for "The Slut Walk", He got his knickers in a knot when we started talking about how society blames the girl for attracting attention from what she wears.. which brought us to discussing his sister's attire.  He proclaimed that his sister deserves to be harassed because she wanders around downtown dressed like a whore. 
Now I damn well was not going to have that energy in my space and I proceeded to get in his face, along with his mom,   about how it was attitudes like his that perpetrated these horrific acts. 
He responded by throwing his banana across my studio and storming out. 

I was blown away by this and felt so bad for his mom as she sat there with her mouth open in amazement. Hearing her son talk about his sister and other women with such blatant disrespect was hard to hear she said.. I can only imagine as it was so difficult to watch! 
We stopped, had a coffee and regrouped so we could carry on with her addition. 

 I didn't see her for a while after that but when I did she came and got a rather big piece down her back.. I had given a estimate of one price but sadly it took a bit longer than I anticipated and asked for an extra $40 to cover this extra time and effort.  She did not have it with her but promised to email it asap.
I never saw that transfer.. I inquired about it politely and was told it was on its way.. of course I didn't see it and assumed this was not something I was going to resolve and moved on with my life. 

This past November I got another message from her asking if I would help her with another idea she had.. I gently reminded her that she still owed me this $40 and before I was going to book her in I would require that be settled.. 

Guess what happened?    That's right.. nothing! 

Here we are today.. I receive yet another message that informs me she wants to get another addition and will bring the money she owes me when she comes for this one. 

This rubbed me the wrong way and I responded with a note saying I wasn't interested in her business anymore.. etc.. *It's all down below for you to read!)  

She responded to my note with three letters.. "LOL"

I am not surprised this person response as I am know people are very focused on what they want and can get without considering who they wrong in doing so. 

This woman is a self employed and runs a child care in her home.. I am SURE she would never tolerate someone not paying her. 

 To do to another, what you would freak out if it was done to you, speaks volumes about who you are! 

It is these individuals that are the bullies of society.. they deem themselves above any of the common "rules" and treat those that tend to their needs like shit. 

I am sad for those that have to live like this.. that take advantage of others kindness, are mean and disrespectful.  I can't imagine how horrible it would be to feel so bitter all the time.

I certainly know what it feels like on the other side of their actions and will always do my best to stand up to them and speak my truth about how their actions make me feel.. 

I have hope that someday one of these folks will take my words into their heads and realize that perhaps there is a different way to do things that will create a much more positive space to exist within.

One where you are trusted, respected and appreciated!

I am grateful for this experience this morning.. it made the rest of my day SHINE.. 






















2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Unbelievable. Good for you writing her off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a funny thing this being in business and dealing with the public. I think people believe you have to bow to them because they are willing to give you money. I am not that girl and I am sure my words will roll off her back but I felt really good saying them!

      Delete