Sunday, January 3, 2016

My THEME for 2016

My THEME for 2016

Last year my theme was Effort and I tattooed it onto my finger to help remind me daily of what I needed to pay attention to. 
It worked.. not always, but I truly was more aware.


This year I was going to go with FOCUS but that was setting me up to fail right from the get go!!
 I took a few days to reassess and have come up with this years theme.

REFINE
re·finedre·fin·ing
transitive verb
1: to free (as metal, sugar, or oil) from impurities or unwanted material
2: to free from moral imperfection : elevate
3: to improve or perfect by pruning or polishing <refine a poetic style>
4: to reduce in vigor or intensity
5: to free from what is coarse, vulgar, or uncouth
intransitive verb
1: to become pure or perfected
2: to make improvement by introducing subtleties or distinctions

I will spend my year making little improvements as I continue to work on healing.  To keep putting that effort forth that I did this year but now I need to refocus to ensure continued positive change occurs.

I am not attempting perfection in any way but I do know that what lies within me is a little rough around some edges and down right jagged on others. 


                                                                     I   WILL  REFINE:
my communication skills my ability to compromise without angst
my ability to let go. 
my ability to let others in.
my ability to deal with situations in a mature manner 
Create space so  positive growth is encouraged.
my skills..in all areas.
my ability to eliminate guilt(both feeling and making others feel)


I am so grateful to be leaving 2015.. but not because the ending wasn't picture perfect but rather for the  hope that 2016 might just be more amazing that 2015 was.

Thank you Universe for allowing me another opportunity for continued growth.

1 comment: